Heart-Based Environmental Educators Training
rekindling hope for the future generations
Does your heart open while you’re outside with children?
Would you like to discover how you can follow your heart’s calling to work with children as teacher, parent or counselor?
Do you want to develop the skills to inspire natural curiosity and wonder in the people around you?
We have created a 4-day training program to empower you to take the next steps in the heartfelt path of teaching and learning. The world needs more people who carry these skills. Together with a team of professional naturalists and teachers, you will gain the skills to enrich children's lives with a nourishing deep nature connection. Our team is passing on the torch, offering the best practices that we have learned over decades of working with children.
This program will support a rekindling of your own heart-based experience in nature so that you will be ready to inspire the next generation to walk a path of ecological literacy and leadership.
This is for you if:
- You are a teacher, environmental educator, parent, homeschool community member, or aspiring counselor.
- You want a toolkit of proven skills that are used by nature connection programs across the country
- You are ready for support in your journey as an educator and guide of children
- You want experience with a unique model for teaching and learning that you can use every day in almost any educational environment
- Practice techniques for harnessing curiosity, building community, and encouraging the eight attributes of deep nature connection in people of all ages
- Learn games, activities and core routines that empower an enhanced nature connection
- Experience Story-telling techniques, songs, and ways to incorporate music and stories into the learning process
- Connect with experienced mentors and peers who will support your ongoing adventures with children
- Get a guidebook of resources and tools to take home
- Gain a stronger personal connection with nature to inspire you
JUNE 21-24, 2018
10am - 4pm daily
Eco-Institute Community Barn Loft or Lakeside Gazebo
Wholesome farm lunch provided daily
Need-based scholarships available, APPLY HERE
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
Sarah Haggerty helps people get in touch with what really matters. In an increasingly fragmented world, we need to connect with the deeper aspects of life – more now than ever. Sarah has developed her approach over the past 20 years, and has supported thousands of people on the path of deep nature connection and personal growth. Through this work, she has helped remove the grief of disconnection, awaken attributes of leadership, nourish dreams and bring a sense of meaning back into daily life. She was the 2012 winner of the North Carolina Environmental Educators of the Year award. Sarah is the Program Director at the Eco-Institute and she is the Founder and Director of Natural Mystery School.
Megan Toben and her husband, Tim Toben, co-created the Eco-Institute at Pickards Mountain as a sanctuary for nature connection, renewal, and healing the human-Earth relationship. Meg has twenty years of experience as an environmental educator, and ten as an executive director, during which time she has learned useful techniques for cultivating balance while keeping a holistic level of awareness. Meg knows and loves the land here deeply, having raised her family on it for the past twelve years. In 2015, Meg was honored with the Piedmont Environmental Leadership Award. Her love for art, ritual, Earth, and humanity inspire her to offer healing space of deep renewal to all who are working to heal our world.