The ELDERHOOD JOURNEY
A SERIES GUIDED BY Carolyn Toben & Mike McLeod
Calling Elders, and people of all ages who are interested in the powerful role of elders in community! As a group we will discover new horizons for how to live more aware in the latter third of life. We are reimagining a special role in our community and we are exploring what the inspiration of elderhood is asking of each of us. We each have some of the answers that we need at this time in the world, and through this collective journey, we will bring them together.
We will explore these questions, and more:
- What challenges, and opportunities exist for the last third of life?
- How can you use this time of life in as an opportunity to live more deeply?
- What are the characteristics of an elder and what is the difference between an elder and an older person?
- What wisdom might you harvest at this time of life that you could share with others?
- How can people gracefully accept the changes that come with age?
- What are the personal and spiritual shifts that are needed to grow towards elderhood?
- Are you willing to embark on a new, inward journey?
We invite you to participate in an exploration of conscious aging, engage in a community building process, explore the identity shifts of different ages and stages and discover what it means to become an elder.
The Elderhood Journey Features
- Reflective time journaling
- Paired walks and one on one time with peers
- A chance to share your wisdom and gain support from a group of peers who are collaboratively exploring heartfelt topics in elderhood
- Opportunities to develop a special cross-generation connection with inspiring young adults at the Eco-Institute
- Reflections that you can take home at the end of each week
- Thoughtful and experienced guides
- Forgiveness and releasing the past
- Discovering your life’s wisdom
- Exploring death and dying
- How to balance your time in a meaningful way
- Focusing on relationships instead of tasks
- Spiritual shifts such as shifting focus from linear time to soul time
June 12-August 7th
THE ELDERHOOD JOURNEY IS A SERIES PACKAGE
YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE WHOLE SERIES TO PARTICIPATE
Eco-Institute Community Barn Loft or Lakeside Gazebo
8519 Pickards Meadow Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516